Twitter

Most Popular Really Big Purse Posts

Friday, November 5, 2010

"That's a Really Big Purse"

"That's a really big purse."


Those five words are a running joke among my sisters and best friend who were with me when I was at the receiving end of that comment.  Now granted, in print they don't sound offensive.  And normally that phrase would be heard as simply a factual descriptor: I have a big purse.


Ah, but that's where context comes into play.  At the time of this comment, the woman who uttered these words was annoyed (at least her tone suggested that she was annoyed) because my really big purse was between her and her desired destination (which was, in this case, closer to a bottle of wine she was looking to purchase).


Of course, once these words were spoken I politely excused myself and cleared the path for her, thus easing her journey to happiness and fulfillment.


Little did she know that my "really big purse" has actually helped numerous people and served as a metaphor throughout my life, though its physical manifestation has varied through the years:  

  • In grade school I was the kid who freely shared her 164-count box of Crayolas and always had extra glue sticks;
  • In college I was the one who drove the Volvo station wagon that transported dozens of friends to their desired locales and provided a fun, social gathering place along the way;  
  • And now, because I carry such a big bag, I'm also the friend that has the bandage/mints/extra pen/safety pin you desperately need but don't have the time nor inclination to realize until it's too late.



In short, I'm the go-to gal with the goods. I'll help you get to where you want to go quickly and reliably so you can be happier, faster.

It might not surprise you to learn then that I've worked in the tourism industry for nearly a decade and love traveling and experiencing new destinations with my friends and family. The part I don't like so much?  Planning the trip.

Being frequent travelers, my husband and I quickly realized that our options were limited when it came to easy (but unique) family travel.  Sure, there are some all-inclusive resorts and of course a multitude of theme park-related packages.  But what about something a little different — something that Mom and Dad and the kids would enjoy?

We decided to put it to the test and make it our mission to discover and share those experiences.  Everything you'll read about has been tested and rated by the members of "Team Blaschka" for its ease of planning, depth of experience, fun and uniqueness. And we promise to be honest and forthright — if something was a bust, we'll let you know that too.


Really Big Purse is all about providing the tools, tips and information you need to quickly and easily plan an amazing family getaway.


And now we'd like to help you. Just watch out for my really big purse.



2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Amy! I'm putting you on my to read blog role, but warning you in advance, blogging can be take up more time than planning that trip!

    Cheers LindySez

    ReplyDelete